Summer Internship Program
Our summer internship program provides an educational and work experience involving hands-on training that builds on classroom learning and represents the fullest possible spectrum of work throughout our organization. These internships, encompassing 3 departments, are for Cornell students only, both graduate and undergraduate. All majors are welcome. One of the Horticultural internships is reserved for a non-plant science major (someone not studying Plant Science, Crop and Soil Science, Horticulture, Plant Biology, Plant Breeding, or Plant Pathology).
Our internship program, though educational, ensures that each student becomes a member of Cornell Botanic Gardens’ professional team and works with staff to attain organization goals. Our program's schedule is designed to offer all students exposure to the varied aspects of public garden and natural areas management.
Our staff is committed to the intern program, offering mentorship, guidance, and appreciation for each intern’s contribution.
PLEASE NOTE: Students graduating in May ARE eligible to apply.
Click here to read about past interns and their summer experiences.
At a Glance
- Internship positions offered in: Botanic Gardens (Horticutural), Natural Areas, and Education Department
- Starting May 21, ending August 9, 2019
- All positions earn $11.50 per hour
- Exclusively for Cornell University undergraduate and graduate students, including those graduating in May; any major and college
- Typical work week is 39 hours, M-F; exact daily hours vary with position but generally 8 AM-4 PM
- Learning Mondays: Every Monday, interns from all departments work together to learn and do something new
For more information on the program, contact the Intern Coordinator, at email@example.com or 607-227-5795